Welcome to the University of Denver’s Smart Cities Research Experience for Undergraduates
About the REU Project
The aim of this REU Site is to advance research training for talented undergraduate students in the area of Smart Cities with a focus on electricity infrastructure. The REU students will improve their research skills while working on cutting-edge research in the design of future electric power grids under the guidance of dedicated research mentors. Our cohort of REU students will be trained to excel as the next generation of engineers and leaders in the energy sector.
Our REU projects are defined based on the three pillars of a Smart City, i.e., enhanced livability, enhanced workability, and enhanced sustainability. The selected research topics include: Transportation Electrification, Power System Resiliency, Energy Economy, Community Microgrids, Data Analytics, Renewable Energy.
Program and Application Details
REU Program Flyer in pdf can be downloaded HERE.
REU program dates: June 10th 2019 Monday – August 10th 2019 Saturday (9 weeks)
Benefits for REU students:
- Travel costs to/from University of Denver campus will be covered.
- Residence hall lodging will be fully paid.
- Each REU student will receive a meal allowance of $500.
- Each REU student will receive a $4500 stipend.
Application and Eligibility:
- Application deadline: February 28, 2019.
- Applicants should be full-time undergraduate students in engineering or related areas who have completed at least one year of undergraduate study, including Calculus and Physics.
- Undergraduate students from minority and underrepresented groups and predominantly undergraduate institutions are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
Apply using the button below via NSFREU.org, and look for REU at DU on the list of programs.